Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
iOS9.2 can easily be downgraded to iOS9.1.
iPhone, Mac, PC, iPad and iPod Touch users must all be very excited to get the iOS 9.2 OS on their phones.
However, as you keep using this OS, there is affair chance that you might not like the way it works and may want to downgrade to the iOS 9.1 again.
Normally, these downgrades are difficult to come by, but if you are lucky enough and can get on to the procedure as soon as possible, then you may just be able to get a proper downgrade available.
The most important thing to remember here is that this arrangement is possible only for a limited amount of time. It is sheer luck we might say.
Anyday, if apple decides to get you signed on to the iOS9.2, then you cannot go back to iOS 9.1 under any circumstances.
We do not know for sure when this might happen – you can have either a day or maybe even a fortnight before these changes are actually put into place.
So if you have made up your mind to actually go back to the iOS 9.1, then there is only one option here. You will have to act quickly and you have to act now.
You might be wondering, how you can go about this, but if you read on, you would be able to get a step by step instruction of the process and how you can go about this.
Please note, that there would be no differences in the way this procedure would work for the iPhone, Mac, PC, iPad and iPod Touch devices.
They would all need to function the same way as mentioned here.
Steps To Downgrade iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.1:
- Remember to back all your data up. Back up should be done preferably on the iCloud or the iTunes. However, if you want to back it up to another device and then restore it later, you are free enough to do that as well.
- Every device comes with a different version of iOS9.1 to downgrade to. You must ensure that you have picked the correct version depending on the device.
- After this, it is important that you connect the USB cable and start your iTunes application. The downgrading can begin after this.
- The device needs to be then picked in the iTunes application. On doing this, you can proceed to pick Options. Tap on restore, in case you are working on the Mac device. If you are using a Windows PC for the downgrade button, it is best to select restore.
- On completion of this step, it is then important to pick the IPSW file of the iOS 9.1. Device memory would finally get restored. You will see that on successful downgrade, the data would be cleared from the memory.
- The downgrade is now successful; you can proceed to restoring all your data.