Photos have become a core part of our society as they are used to immortalize the many special moments that go on in a person’s life. While photography is by no means a new art, it has come a long way and its modern form is more impressive than ever. And such, people have found new ways to make photography easier and more reliable. Nothing beats being able to take an instant snap at your sibling’s wedding or before leaving your child to settle in at their new college dorm. That’s where the FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera steps in, as it grants users that possibility and offers them some pretty neat photo opportunities in the process.
- The device comes with a reasonable price, and thanks to its small size and weight, it can be found at very advantageous price points. There’s even an offer on TomTop and you can get it with the promo code YYMFU for $15, making the final price $49.99.
Those that don’t dabble in photography that often might wonder how this device differs from any other camera. For those with such concerns, we have prepared a list of specifications that will clarify the device’s capabilities.
What can it do?
- It’s photo distance ranges between 0.6m ~ infinity, meaning that operators have a pretty good chance of nailing that instant photo in that crucial moment from wherever they are located or seated.
- It features a shutter speed of 1/60 s which means that even though it’s reliable, you don’t really need to rely on a single shot. You can simply take a bunch of them.
- The auto flashlight support ensures that those precious nocturne moments won’t be lost and every bit of their magic is captured. It’s very frustrating when you can’t preserve a wonderful memory through photography just because it happened at night.
- It comes with an auto shutdown feature which helps preserve the device’s integrity and make sure nothing burns. A lot of electronic devices tend to go out far sooner than predicted because they are left or forgotten running. With the auto shutdown feature, the camera shuts down by itself in no more than 5 minutes after it’s been used last.
- Without its battery component, the device features a total weight of 307 grams, meaning that it’s light and easy to transport. The best photo quality can be found in large studio cameras but there’s a reason why you don’t see people carrying those around in vacations. This one is small and easy to carry in any container.
- It’s different exposure modes make it reliable for any kind of lighting, ranging from very sunny summer days to cloudy afternoons and reduced visibility situations. It’s perfect for when you can’t predict the weather but still, need great photos.