It is said that everything has a price, even what is said to be free. There is a small price to pay for everything, even if we are talking about computer software and hardware. The situation is the same with Windows 10 operating system; although it is presented as a free upgrade, there are some issues that prevent the users from evaluating it as s top-notch version.
Many users have reported that their Windows 10 system isn’t working as it should. They are experiencing issues like black screen with cursor and, as you can imagine, this is not very nice. Some people have lost their work or have had other problems because of this unpleasant situation.
Maybe you haven’t faced this situation yet, so you don’t know what this is all about, but if it happens to get a black screen with cursor on Windows 10, don’t worry! There is a solution for everything. In this case, there are more possible ways to fix the problem and you can apply them even if you are not a computer guru. Let’s see what you can do in case you experience the situation described above.
What are the possible solutions?
Depending on the moment when you want to fix the issue, there are two possible stages for fixing the black screen in Windows 10: before login or after update and during install. Next you will see these solutions listed and it’s up to you to look for information on each.
How to fix black screen before login or after an update
- Use Windows Key + P shortcut for switching displays
- Uninstall the graphic card driver
- Disable Dual Monitor from BIOS or CPU graphics multi-monitor
- Disable onboard graphics from Device Manager
- Update the BIOS
- Change display brightness
- Connect the monitor to your computer with both cables or connect an additional monitor
- Uninstall the applications that show issues
- Disable secondary output from Device Manager
- Disconnect the second monitor
- Set display output to IGFX
- Connect the monitor with HDMI
- Enable or disable the dedicated card from BIOS
- Check the graphic card setting from BIOS
- Remove the battery form your computer and restart the BIOS
How to fix black screen during install
- Check for additional displays
- Connect your monitor to the integrated graphic card
- Uninstall problematic software before upgrade
The black screen can be a cause for many problems, but to solve them in a simple way, you can disconnect additional monitors or connect your monitor to different ports. Although people might think that a black screen will totally damage the computer and panic if they see this situation, the problem is not that complicated. If it happens to you and you really have no idea on what you should do, a good option would be to call a friend who knows or ask a specialist. However, it is not a situation without a solution.
There are a few tutorials online that will teach you how to solve this black screen issue all by yourself. Above we have listed the solutions, but if you want details about each, a good idea would be to look for more information and choose the one which seems easier to apply. Of course, when you have a black screen on your system, it’s impossible to use the computer, but you can look for help on other devices: smartphone, tablet and others. Technology is not really that complicated, all you have to do is start a deep research on the subject of your interest.