iOS 9, like any other software launched was not a perfect product. It had its own share of bugs and crashes that its developers fixed with constant updates.
The following versions delivered fixes but came with their own share of bugs again, further calling for more action from Apple’s developers.
Now we have come to a point where it’s time to say good bye to the iOS 9.1 and update our devices to use the iOS9.2.
But the question remains – is it a good idea to go ahead? What good would come of you trying to upgrade to the iOS 9.2?
If you are a user of an iOS device that has the iOS9.1 running, you can choose to upgrade your phone to iOS9.2 because this OS can be used on iPhone 4S and above.
- Users in the UK and US will be able to see a significant change in the Top Stories section. Apple news editors would opine as to which is the most important story and give you the feeds accordingly.
- Apple music in the iOS 9.2 has been revamped with the download button to save music for offline playback. Users can also see a classification of their classical music and see details of composers, performers and their other creations. Asides, playlists can be reorganized to reflect all the changes that have recently been brought about.
- iOS 9.2 has done a great job bringing the 3D touch support to iBooks. Now, you can see the meanings of each word you don’t understand by pressing hard on it. The Pop and peek functions are beautifully implemented with this feature.
- The new OS has now brought the Mail Drop feature, wherein large files, up to 5GB can easily be sent by using the iCloud drive.
- iOS 9.2 will allow users to copy files from a camera directly if it is connected to the iPhone or the iPad with a USB Camera Adapter.
- With iOS 9.2, you can now open a Safari browser within another app without actually having to exit the app the link is sent on. This feature, called the Safari View Controller is a very good way to deal with loading issues in webpages.
- AT&T users will now get the NumberSync WiFi calling feature to have free calls placed.
On the downside, if you are a jailbreak fan, then you better not want to get the OS upgraded, you will not be able to jailbreak the 9.2. You are better off getting your device jailbroken with the older versions.