Hello Games, the UK-based indie team has announced its fans last night via the Inside Xbox that No Man’s Sky NEXT will be released for Xbox One on Tuesday, July 24th, in North America and Thursday, July 26th, in Europe. This release will bring a full multiplayer experience for the first time to the in-game boundless open universe.
As part of the No Man’s Sky NEXT, there will be a free update that will be released simultaneously for both existing PS4 and PC players.
“The multiplayer mode totally changes the experience of No Man’s Sky, it’s fun, it’s intense, and it stands out in ways we’ve always wanted. I’m so glad it’s finally done,” says Sean Murray, founder of Hello Games.
“It’s really exciting to be able to fully develop the potential that many people saw in No Man’s Sky. This will be our biggest update yet and we look forward to offering this trip with us to Xbox players as well,” he added.
The upcoming No Man’s Sky for Xbox One maximizes the idea of an open universe
With this release, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam PC Players will be able to explore, fight and survive along with their friends as they travel through the vast procedural generation multiplayer universe.
- Explore the infinite open universe with your friends or with random travelers;
- As you travel together, your friends can help you stay alive or you can help others to survive;
- Build bases from small shelters to complex colonies that you do as a team and can be seen by the community;
- Be a pirate or co-pilot in epic space battles with friends and enemies;
- Pilot your crafts through strange alien terrain and create online sharing clues;
The No Man’s Sky Xbox One release will include the No Man’s Sky NEXT and 3 other major updates, dubbed as Foundation, Pathfinder, and Atlas Rises, plus dozens of small patches. Not to mention that we can enjoy the in-game open universe on Xbox One X with 4K UltraHD and HDR resolution.