Apple has just released the latest macOS Catalina 10.15.1 update which comes with lots of software improvements, but not just that. The new operating system update also introduces 70 brand-new emojis and they include the accessibility-focused ones that Apple highlighted last summer. With that said, today we are going to take a better look at all the “goodies” that macOS Catalina 10.15.1 introduces so that all Apple fans know what’s coming their way.
Apple Releases macOS Catalina 10.15.1
The first thing that we want to note is that macOS Catalina 10.15.1 is rolling out right now. Therefore, we are advising all Apple fans to keep their devices connected to a stable Wi-Fi network so that they can be among the first ones to download the major operating system update and access all the software improvements that it brings.
The Full Patch Notes
The macOS Catalina 10.15.1 update includes updated and additional emoji, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit-enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings, as well as bug fixes and improvements.
- Over 70 new or updated emoji, including animals, food, activities, new accessibility emoji, gender-neutral emoji, and skin tones selection for couple emoji
- AirPods Pro support
- HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection
- HomeKit enabled routers let you control how your HomeKit accessories communicate over the internet or in your home
- Adds support for AirPlay 2-enabled speakers in scenes and automations
- Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve Siri and Dictation by allowing Apple to store audio of your Siri and Dictation interactions
- Option to delete your Siri and Dictation history from Siri Settings
This update also includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Restores the ability to view file names in the All Photos view in Photos
- Restores the ability to filter by favorites, photos, videos, edited, and keywords in Days view in Photos
- Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled
- Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list
- Adds a two-finger swipe gesture for back navigation in Apple News
- Resolves issues that may occur in the Music app when displaying playlists inside folders and newly added songs in the Songs list
- Improves reliability of migrating iTunes library databases into the Music, Podcasts, and TV apps
- Fixes an issue where downloaded titles were not visible in the Downloads folder in the TV app
- When using the built-in keyboard with a non-U.S. keyboard layout, passwords with certain characters are no longer rejected at the Mac login window.
- When sign in with Apple ID is not allowed by a configuration profile, the Sign In button in System Preferences is now dimmed.