Fortnite fans should be happy to know that the highly anticipated Season 9 officially starts today. Epic Games released the official patch notes for the new season and today we are going to present all the game tweaks, changes and new features that the immensely popular Battle Royale receives in Season 9. In addition, the new season is also bringing a revamped Battle Pass that makes it possible for Fortnite fans to unlock new and exciting rewards.
Without any further ado, let’s jump straight into it and see the full list of new features and gameplay changes that Fortnite fans are going to experience starting today.
Get around locations quickly with the new Slipstream wind transportation system.
Explore new points of interest that emerged from the destruction of the Volcano like Neo Tilted and Mega Mall.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
Added Combat Shotgun
- Holds 10 Shells.
- Fires 9 pellets per shot for 73 / 77 / 81 base damage.
- Tight spread and fast fire rate.
- Headshot multiplier of 1.70x.
- Reloads 2 shells at a time.
- Available in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants.
- Available from Floor, Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machine
- Reduced Drum Gun availability from 16.732% to 7.155%
- Reduced Boom Bow availability from 1.292% to .755%
- Unvaulted Grenades
- Vaulted Clingers
- Vaulted Buried Treasure
- Vaulted Pump Shotgun
- Vaulted Poison Dart Trap
- Vaulted Scoped Revolver
- Vaulted Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Vaulted Thermal Assault Rifle
- Vaulted Balloons
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Turbo building after gliding now works correctly.
- The stink bomb damage audio and effects were not playing if you damaged yourself.
- Fixed the Shadow bomb occasionally not making the player invisible on the Xbox One the first time it’s used.
- Misplacement of Launch Pads in mid-air has been resolved.
- Pirate Cannon camera issues due to network latency have been resolved.
- The Reboot Card deposit sound effects no longer play in replay mode while the Van is on Cooldown.
- The Reboot Van card sound effects will no longer be heard when a squadmate disconnects.
- These tunnels of wind passively carry players down the stream.
- Players can move faster and change direction when actively trying to move down the Stream.
- Use directional input to gain extra velocity. Experiment with bobbing up and down for higher speeds.
- Players are launched when exiting the tube based on their movement speed and exit angle.
- Projectiles and Vehicles can also enter the Slipstream.
- The powerful gusts of air from these environmental items can launch players short distances and grant immunity to fall damage.
- Fortbytes are a series of 100 collectible computer chips available to Battle Pass owners. As you collect Fortbytes, you’ll decrypt a mysterious image. Collect them all to unlock rewards and uncover the secrets of Season 9.
- On the first day of Season 9, there are 18 Fortbytes available to find. At least 1 new Fortbyte will be unlocked each day. Check the Challenges Tab for detailed information on which Fortbytes are currently available and when the others unlock.
- Fortbytes cannot be collected after Season 9 ends.
- Disconnected players will stay in the world for 60 seconds. They still take damage and count for elimination points.
- Resolved an issue with the UI showing health gains incorrectly if the player canceled the consumable close to completion time.
- PS4 controller lighting not always matching your pin color when in Squads.
- Players not able to use Hold to Swap if they previously picked an item up normally
- Adjusted turbo building to be more forgiving under poor network conditions
- Fixed cases of jittery movement under certain conditions.
LIMITED TIME MODE ROTATION:
Trios: Classic Battle Royale with Three-Person Squads.
Solid Gold: Fight to the finish using Legendary weapons!
One Shot: Low Gravity. Every player has 50 health. Sniper weapons are the only weapon, Bandages are the only healing item. Jump high and aim well!
- Players who have already qualified to be in the World Cup will be marked with a World Cup badge on the event leaderboards
- Leaderboards now have a button to sort games by the number of top leaderboard players in them. This will help identify the most critical active games from a leaderboard standing view.
- The in-game HUD now has different icons for points for Arena matches and weekend tournament matches.
- Improved frame rate on Nintendo Switch, particularly when large numbers of characters are onscreen.
- Addressed some cases of invisible characters after skydiving.
- Better tactical audio when inside player-built structures:
- Enemy Pickaxe impact within ~one building tile radius has new, louder sound.
- Wallbreak by enemy close/behind player much clearer/louder.
- Explosion audio improvements- shorter, higher dynamic range sounds that will make explosion audio clearer and punchier.
- “Swap” text appearing in the pickup UI will no longer appear when picking up more resources than the player can carry.
- The initial storm warning timer was incorrectly showing as 0.
- Spectators and replay watchers can now report users.
- Fixed party invites not showing up in the UI if the user logged out and back in again.
- Spectating a player’s match will now automatically follow that player.
- Auto fire will now trigger on vehicles.
- Added option for increasing elimination feed line count in the HUD Layout Tool.
- Dragging/Dropping from the quickbar is now allowed while jumping.
- The location of the boost button on Android for the X-Stormwing has been moved to avoid triggering the Home button.
- Squad formation is now accessible.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- The delay with interacting when using the quickbar slots has been resolved.
- Weapon icons now correctly display icons on the quickbar.
- Fixed sliders that were broken in the Dead Zone tab of the Controller Options.
- Semi-automatic weapons now fire correctly.
- Increased acquisition delay for shotguns.
- Dynamite trajectory indicator is now correctly displayed during use.
- Ziplines can no longer be ridden past their endpoints.
- Autorun no longer takes more than two taps to initiate after jumping from Battle Bus.
- Cooldown Timer visual for boost buttons on vehicles is now displayed correctly.
- The camera no longer shakes when entering the X-Stormwing.
- Left virtual thumbstick no longer becomes invisible when holding left or right and pressing the fire button.
- The Harvest Tool UI button in HUD layout is no longer invisible.
- The stair railing in Pleasant Park no longer clips through the door.
- Variant numbers partially hidden in the preview screen by the “X” button.