Even though Samsung’s smartphones are running on the Android operating system, the South Korean based tech giant is not outsourcing all its software from Google. Samsung doesn’t want to rely on Google for all the software and apps that its smartphones are using. The perfect example of this is the highly popular One UI Home. This app provides Samsung fans with a simple screen layout and neatly arranged icons that make it easy for users to access the apps and options that interest them.
Nonetheless, the reason why we are talking about One UI Home today is because the app has just received a new update. Samsung is constantly improving the performances of its apps through a steady stream of updates and the latest one for One UI Home sports the 188.8.131.52 version number.
One UI Home 184.108.40.206 Update
Samsung fans should be pleased to find out that the new update for One UI Home is not a minor release and instead, it comes with a handful of major changes that are improving the overall performances of all of Samsung’s smartphones.
In fact, let’s go ahead and check out all the features that the new update introduces so that all Samsung fans can get a good idea of what’s coming their way.
- Use Full screen gestures on the Home screen.
– You can hide the Navigation buttons at the bottom of the Home screen, and quickly switch between apps using gestures. Now, enjoy an even bigger Home screen.
• Lock the Home screen layout after rearranging app icons.
– This can prevent pages from being added and app icons from being repositioned or removed by accident. To lock the Home screen layout, go to Home screen settings, then turn on Lock Home screen layout.
• Touch and hold an app icon or widget.
– You can quickly access the App info or Widget settings screen without going through multiple menus.
※ The features described above require an update to Android 9.0 Pie or a later version.
※ Available features may differ depending on the device or OS version.
If you have any questions or experience any issues while using One UI Home, contact us through the Samsung Members app.
※ App permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
• Storage : Used to restore the home screen layout data
• Contacts : Used to restore the contact widget information
How to Download the New Update
The last thing that we want to mention about the new One UI Home update is that it can be downloaded in two ways. The first way is to download the update via OTA (over the air) channels. This is super simple and the only thing that Samsung fans need to do in order to make their smartphones eligible to receive the new update is to keep them connected to a stable Wi-Fi network.
The alternative way to access the new update is a little bit trickier. Samsung fans will need to manually download and install the update on their smartphones. This can be done by downloading the update in the form of APK (Android Package Kit) which can be found on numerous reliable APK providers.
After doing that, Samsung fans need to make sure that they have enabled the “Unknown Sources” option in their Settings panel. All that is left now is to simply install the update just like a normal app or mobile game.