Skype is one of the most useful apps that people can install on their smartphones and the reason behind this is that Skype offers users access to a plethora of cool features that make it much easier for them to get in touch with their friends and family members. Not just that, but since Skype offers the highest quality audio/video calling features, the app is more than often used for online interviews and other types of formal meetings.
While the features that Skype offers are super useful, this is not what makes the app so great. The “secret” behind Skype’s success is the large number of updates that the app receives on a weekly basis. In fact, a new update has recently been made available for download and today we are going to cover everything there is to know about it.
Skype 22.214.171.124 Update
Skype fans should be pleased to find out that a brand-new update that changes the app’s version number to 126.96.36.199 is now rolling out via OTA (over the air) channels. Therefore, we are advising everyone who enjoys the premium user experience that Skype has to offer to keep their smartphones connected to a stable Wi-Fi network so that they can be among the first ones to access it.
The new update for Skype doesn’t come with any powerful features or changes to the user interface and instead, the update aims to improve the overall performances of the app by introducing a bundle of bug fixes and software tweaks.
Since we are talking about Skype, let’s go ahead and check out which are the best features that the app offers.
- Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• SMS Connect – Read and reply to your phone’s SMS messages in Skype on your PC or Mac.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.