Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
If you are searching for a chatting app where user privacy is the top priority of the developers, then Telegram is the app that you need. Telegram is a highly popular app with tens of millions of users from all over the world and this is all thanks to the premium user experience that it offers. What makes Telegram stand out when compared to apps that offer similar features is the fact that the developers of the app are constantly releasing updates that are taking its software performances to the next level. In fact, a brand-new update has been recently released.
Telegram 5.12.1 Update
Telegram fans should be pleased to find out that a new update which sports the 5.12.1 version number is currently rolling out via OTA (over the air) channels. This means that all Telegram fans who are keeping their smartphones connected to a stable Wi-Fi network are scheduled to receive the update during the upcoming hours. With that said, let’s go ahead and check out what are all the improvements that the new update brings.
Even though most updates that Telegram receives come with bug fixes and software improvements, this is not the case for the latest 5.12.1 release. The reason why we are saying that is because the new update focuses on enhancing the overall media playback and sharing features of the app. Without any further ado, let’s go ahead and take a look at the full patch notes.
- Listen to podcasts and audio tracks longer than 20 minutes at 2x speed.
• Resume playback from where you left off when watching long videos and listening to long audio tracks.
• Search for items in the current folder when attaching files or music.
• Tap and hold on chats when sharing from other apps to send to several recipients.
• Hold on the Archive folder to mark all archived chats as read.