Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Treyarch announced last week that the new “Dead of the Night” DLC is going to be released soon. This is the first DLC (downloadable content) for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and the DLC has started rolling out today. The DLC comes with lots of cool features and game modes such as fighting a horde of zombies after something goes wrong at a party.
What’s cool about the new DLC is the fact that it features voice acting from famous movie actors such as Keifer Sutherland, Helena Bonham Carter, Brian Blessed and Charles Dance. This is an impressive lineup of A-list Hollywood actors and it shows us that Treyarch is investing lots of time and money in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 DLCs.
Now that we presented the new DLC, let’s go over the patch notes that Treyarch released alongside the DLC so that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 players know what they are going to get after downloading the DLC. With that said, let’s get into it.
Game Update 12/14
- Event – 2XP now live in Multiplayer and Zombies through 10AM PT Monday, December 17. Limited-time Winter Event stream now live in the Black Market with new items to unlock for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Event – 2X Merits now live in Blackout through 10AM PT Monday, December 17.
- Limited Time Mode – Close Quarters Frenzy (Quads) now live in Blackout through 10AM PT Monday, December 17.
- Character Missions – Increased the chances of finding a Character Mission item in a Zombies Stash. Increased the number of Zombies Stashes that can include Character Mission items per match.
Game Update 12/13
- Challenges – Added a scrollbar and numbers to the Dark Ops Challenges screen to point out additional challenges off-screen. Fixed a missing image for the Handling Master Challenge in the After Action Report.
- Miscellaneous – Addressed an issue that prevented some Reactive Camos from progessing if attachments were equipped.
- Armor – Repairs done on Armor will no longer disappear if that Armor had been previously worn by another player, then dropped after being repaired.
- Stability – Fixed a potential crash that could occur while downed.
- Miscellaneous – Addressed an issue that would cause a red flare and smoke to stay on players after they landed.
- Personalization – Some previously-acquired Warpaints now properly display in the updated Character Customization menus (remaining Warpaints to come in an upcoming fix).
- Paintshop – Addressed an issue that would cause UI Errors to appear when scrolling to Melee weapons in Paintshop.
PlayStation Exclusive Changes
- Event – Limited-time Winter Event stream now live in the Black Market with new items to unlock for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- Event – Holiday Event now live in Blackout, first on PlayStation 4. Added Snowballs, holiday lighting & decorations, and holiday-themed Supply Stashes.
- Character Missions – Addressed an issue with the Character Mission for the IX version of Shaw that prevented one of the mission requirements from registering.
- Event – Limited-time Winter Calling event stream now live with new items to unlock in the Zombies Barracks.
Dead of the Night
- Stability – Fixed some crashes that could occur during the Pack-a-Punch Quest.
- Miscellaneous – Closed an exploit where players could reach a safe area in the East Stairway. Closed an exploit where players could reach a safe area in the Forest. Close some exploits where players could get into safe areas using Nowhere But There.
- Stability – Fixed multiple crashes that could occur related to Zero’s Ice Pick.
- Gameplay – Addressed an issue where targeting reticles would still be visible when controlling a Mantis that had been hit by an EMP Disruptor. Addressed an issue where controlling a Mantis that was hit with an EMP Disruptor, exiting the Mantis, then re-entering the Mantis could cause it to lose functionality.