The latest trend in the app industry is the Dark Theme and there is no doubt about that. Every major app has received a Dark Theme during this past couple of months and the latest one to receive it is none other than Google Drive. The new feature was initially released exclusively for beta users back in April but now, all Google Drive users can access it.
How to Enable the Dark Theme
If you love using Google Drive, then you should be pleased that the Dark Theme is going to make the app so much better during the night. The Dark Theme is also going to lower the overall battery usage of the app.
Nonetheless, the new feature is quite simple to enable and the only thing that Google Drive users need to do is to access the Settings panel, access the new “Choose theme” menu and then and then pick one of the following options: Dark Light and Set by Battery Saver.
System-Wide Android Dark Theme
Google’s upcoming operating system is going to feature a system-wide Dark Theme but until that comes out, the Android parent is releasing tailor-made Dark Themes for all its apps. The only ones who have yet to receive the new feature are Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. However, they are scheduled to receive the Dark Theme during the upcoming months.
Since we are talking about Google Drive, let’s go ahead and check out what are the top features that the app has to offer.
– Safely store your files and access them from anywhere.
– Search for files by name and content.
– Easily share files and folders with others.
– Quickly view your content.
– Set access levels for who can view, comment, or edit.
– Quickly access recent files.
– See file details and activity.
– Enable viewing of files offline.
– Use your device camera to scan in paper documents.
– Access pictures and videos from Google Photos.