Even though PUBG was the first game to introduce the Battle Royale mode to the mainstream, Fortnite has taken the lead. Not just that, but PUBG has been losing some of its players to other titles such as Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 which also let players enjoy an action-packed adventure.
Nonetheless, the developers behind PUBG are more eager than ever to release new updates so that they can keep competing. With that being said, the new Vikendi snow map is now available on the PTS.
Vikendi Snow Map
Unlike Fortnite and Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, PUBG gives players a variety of maps that they can choose sand a brand-new one has been added. The map is called Vikendi and its snow-themed, thus making it perfect for the Holliday Season. PUBG fans can check out the new map on PC by accessing the PTS (Public Testing Server) starting today.
While the map might be available on the PTS, it will only be made available to all PC players on December 19th. Furthermore, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players who want to try out the new map will need to wait until January. Now, let’s check out the patch notes for the new map.
Vikendi Patch Notes:
- Vikendi is 6x6km map. The gameplay of Vikendi is quicker than Erangel and Miramar, but offers an arguably more tactical experience than Sanhok;
- Players can throw snowballs while waiting to board the plane in the starting area;
- Vehicles will be more slippery in snow or icy areas. Acceleration on icy terrain is slow and you lose more general vehicle control as you speed up;
- Footprints and vehicle tracks will appear as players travel in snow-covered areas. Keep an eye out! These are great to help identify if enemies have passed by recently;
- Keep in mind that footprints and tracks in the snow don’t stay around forever!