Black Friday, the highly anticipated shopping day, is big for a number of different reasons. Learn more about them here.
The day after Thanksgiving, widely known as Black Friday, is the unofficial start to the Christmas shopping season.
For millions of people, it’s the day to get up extra early and do some serious shopping for the holidays without breaking the bank.
This brings the question to mind: what is it about Black Friday that makes it so popular? After all, it successfully attracts significant media coverage and consumer interest year after year.
Not long ago, participating in Black Friday meant enduring long queues at shopping outlets, fighting over the best bargains, and even suffering injuries due to stampedes!
However, with the shopping day going digital, it has never been this easy to shop for amazing deals and discounts on your favorite products and services.
3 Reasons Why You Should Care About Black Friday
Without further ado, let’s take a look at a few good reasons why Black Friday is the best time of the year for shoppers and bargain hunters:
1. Save hard-earned money
Well, the most obvious reason for Black Friday’s increasing popularity is the fact that it can help you save your money. Many retailers and brands from almost every industry, ranging from smartphones and toys to clothing and whatnot, participate by slashing prices and offering big discounts. Moreover, with deals starting earlier online and extras like coupon codes giving you extra discounts on top of already lowered prices, you can further save some serious cash.
2. Avail cashback offers
If you have a credit card (it’s totally recommended to shop with one since they come with strong consumer protections), another reason people shop on Black Friday is the cashback opportunities that they can take advantage of. Your credit card or debit card provider might be offering cashback on purchases, which means that you can get a nice amount of money returned to you later on if you decide to use the card at the time of buying.
3. Shop for everything at once
Want to take care of your Christmas shopping all at once? Then, Black Friday is undoubtedly the best time to shop, whether it’s online or in-store. Just compile a list of the items that you need to buy, set your budgets, shop smartly (find tips below!), and get everything you need in one day – if your budget isn’t super-tight of course. To make things easier, you can opt for combo/bundle deals as they allow shoppers to save on both items at the same time.
Smart Black Friday Shopping Tips
Now that you know why Black Friday is one of the busiest shopping days, here are few helpful Black Friday shopping tips to keep in mind:
- Plan and Budget: To avoid the possibility of overspending on Black Friday, make sure you make a plan and budget beforehand. Note down the items you want to purchase and the maximum amounts you’re prepared to pay for them.
- Compare Prices: Not all deals on Black Friday are worth it. Research the original prices of products from websites like Camelcamelcam.com to know if you’re being deceived into believing you’re saving big money.
- Grab early deals: The best thing about shopping online is that great deals pop up early, even before Black Friday week itself. Stay on the lookout for these deals so that you don’t miss out on any of them.
- Know where to look: Whether you’re shopping online or offline, you’re going to come across bargains everywhere. Therefore, it’s important that you research and list down the retailers and brands offering the best prices.
- Sign up for email newsletters: Exclusive discounts are available for shoppers who are signed up to a store’s newsletter. Once you’ve decided the places to shop this Black Friday, don’t forget to visit their websites and sign up!
- Shop with coupon codes and gift cards: If you want to get your hands on even better deals, then you should shop with gift cards and coupon codes which can be found at websites at Raise.
- Use a virtual private network (VPN): Securing your financial transactions is essential if you’re shopping online. This is where a VPN comes into play as it encrypts your online transactions from end-to-end making them completely unreadable to the outside world.
You’ll find many Black Friday deals for VPNs as well, but the one we’d recommend is PureVPN’s Black Friday VPN deal. It’s probably the best bargain we’ve come across yet – you get to save BIG money on a top-tier VPN service with an extensive network of 2,000+ VPN servers, 300,000+ unique IPs in 141+ countries.
And that’s all folks. Until next time, happy shopping and happy holidays to you!