The Assassin’s Creed franchise has changed over the course time and this is a good thing. Instead of being a linear game where the combat is boring, the developers who are in charge of the Assassin’s Creed games have decided to transform them into full-blown RPGs. This all started with Assassin’s Creed: Origins and from the looks of it, the developers are going to do the same with the next installment in the franchise which has just been leaked on 4Chan.
Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok Gets Leaked
Even though Ubisoft usually does a good job of keeping its upcoming games a secret, this time Ubisoft failed. The unannounced Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok was leaked on 4Chan alongside a couple of screenshots that give us an idea of what the game is going to look like.
As we can tell from the game’s title, the next Assassin’s Creed game is going to take place during the Viking era and to make things even better, players will take on the role of being an advisor of the famous Ragnar Lodbrok who is the star of the History TV Show “Vikings”.
Now that we presented the leak, let’s go ahead and check out the top features that the upcoming game will have to offer. Before we get into that, we need to let everyone know that the game is still being developed right now and everything is subjectable to change.
- The name of the new game is Ragnarok;
- Main character is ally of Ragnar Lodbrok and aids in the formation of Great Heathen Army;
- Map is split into several kingdoms encompassing all of Great Britain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland;
- Kingdoms are split into regions that can hold settlements;
- Settlements have some customization and in-game economy systems;
- Large scale “conquest” battles return and can be used to weaken enemy hold on regions and parts of the story;
- The player does become an assassin and use the hidden blade;
- First Civ lore is a bit less than Odyssey, finding a vault and Mjolnir;
- Game is developed primarily by Montreal;
- Creative Director is Ashraf, Darby McDevvit is the Narrative Director;
- Sofia is assisting but is planning on creating a DLC set in Iceland and using Yggdrasil to move across the 9 realms;
- Co-op is returning and can be used in most side quests and world exploration;
- RPG mechanics, eagle, and ship combat is all returning;
- Ship combat is toned down to focus more on exploration;
- Game is more focused on exploration, removing question marks on the map, and making players want to explore locations for better loot (like Breath of the Wild);
- Larger emphasis on build and armor usage;
- Player has the ability to change outfits on the fly, which can speed up or slow down notoriety build up in different kingdoms and stop Sheriffs coming after you.
Focused On Exploring
The most interesting thing that we can take from the leaked features of the upcoming Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok is that the game will be focused on exploring instead of following “question marks”.
This is leading us to believe that the developers who are in charge of the game want to provide players with an immersive gaming experience where they will get to conquer all lands that come in their way.
In addition, the game is going to receive a co-op mode. This is a really fun feature and all other Assassin’s Creed games that shipped with it are known for being a blast to play with friends. On the downside of things, we don’t know the official release date of the game.