Ensuring your shoes are always clean and shiny can be a daunting task, especially if you have sticky jet black shoes. But, nevertheless, you need to take utmost care to ensure your shoes are in the best state possible. Studies have found that one of the first things business partners and the other sex notice are your shoes. Sadly, most people don’t know how to choose the tools necessary to keep their shoes clean and shiny. They choose inappropriate cleaning products or try to save a few bucks on another product, but in the process, they ruin an expensive pair of shoes. This article will help you learn how to choose the best products when cleaning and maintaining your shoes:
To Learn Which Type of Products to Buy, Learn More About Your Shoes
The biggest determiner of whether a product will be appropriate for cleaning your shoes is the type of shoes. You need to take a few things into consideration before deciding on your cleaning products:
- The material the shoes are made of: the same way you can’t use the same detergent with all types of clothes, you can’t use the same cleaning products for all types of shoes. That’s why you need to read up on the products you are planning on buying and ensuring they are compatible with the materials your shoes are made out of.
- The price of your shoes: the price and the quality of your shoes should determine what kind of cleaning products you’re using. If you are wearing shoes where each pair costs a couple of hundred dollars, then you obviously can afford to pay a few extra bucks on higher quality products.
- The colour of your shoes: polishing products obviously only work with shoes of the right colour, but they aren’t the only products where colour matters. We all know that black shoes will appear dirtier faster than others for example, and you need a different routine to clean them.
Ensure You are Buying High-Quality Products
How to ensure you’re paying for good quality products, however? Even if you check the products’ compatibility with your shoes and narrowed down the list of potential products to buy, you’ll still need to choose between thousands of products. Here’s how you can narrow down your choices further and ensure you are getting good value for your money:
- Reading review websites: the best way to learn whether a product is good or not is to read the experts’ opinion about that particular product. They are paid to voice their opinions, and they most likely have years of experience trying out different products. They’ll be able to tell you things about the product you’ll never notice on your own. That’s why if I ever need to get a good quality shoe cleaner, I’ll just read up the 7 best shoe cleaners on the review website I trust and go with their recommendation.
- Trusted brands: although brands are slowly becoming irrelevant as people can easily search for reviews on each product, they are still a good short-hand if you don’t have a lot of time to spend researching products. The safest option in these cases would be to just go with a product from a brand you trust.