Epic Games has released the patch for patch v7.30 and it comes with some great news for Fortnite fans. The new update introduces a bunch of cool features and other types of game balancing tweaks that all Fortnite fans need to learn if they want to master the game. With that being said, today we are going to present everything there is to know about the latest update for Fortnite.
Fortnite V7.30 Update – Patch Notes
- Chiller Grenade
Warning: May cause cold toes. Chill your enemies to the core with this new item, it’s a blast!
- Mobile Controller Support
Bluetooth controller support has arrived in mobile on supported devices! Drop in and earn a Victory in a whole new way.
Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold
Summary: All things that are glitter are gold in this Limited Time Mode! All weapon spawns are Legendary witch increased material gathering. Drop in now and earn that Victory Royale.
- All weapon drops are Legendary.
- Increased amount of materials received from gathering.
Weapons + Items
- The Chiller Grenade will knock players back, causing them to slide along the ground.
- Allies, enemies, and vehicles hit with the Chiller Grenade will ship slip around with icy feet/wheels for a duration of 7 seconds.
- Drops in stacks of 3.
- Common rarity.
- Can be found from Floor Loot and Vending Machines.
Cozy Campfire: The visuals for this feature have been updated.
- Bolt-action Sniper Rifle.
- Burst Rifle.
- Heavy Shotgun.
- Suppressed SMG.
- Reduced the drop chance of Dual Pistol from floor loot from 2.24% to 1.38%.
- Balloons no longer collide with vehicles.
- Memory and networking optimization for Apples and Mushrooms.
- Added unique vehicle specific messages in the feed when players are eliminated or downed.
- Fixed Boogie Bombs not affecting players that are wearing the Sneaky Snowman when struck on exposed legs/feet.
- Fixed Sneaky Snowman’s last charge breaking away right after applying if another Sneaky Snowman is present in a different inventory slot.
- Fixed an issue where the glider would auto-deploy closer to the ground than expected when holding glider redeploy from the bus.
- Fixed the X-4 Stormwing’s health bar occasionally not displaying.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in a Sneaky Snowman if it landed next to them.
- Increased the amount of materials gained from looting Chests and Floor Loot from 20 to 30.
- Increased the number of materials received from Supply Drops from 40 to 60.
General Bug Fixes
- Aim assist now targets enemies on vehicles rather than the base of the vehicles they’re occupying.
- Quickly switching to Traps then weapons on gamepads no longer causes players to shoot or swing pickaxes.
- Supply Drop balloons now take environmental damage, including damage from explosives or biplanes gun.
- Fixed instances of a free wall piece showing as placeable but not building.
- Fixed player cameras from becoming distorted when another player enters a Zipline.
- Fixed an issue where the magnet on the Zipline could be invisible on use.
- Fixed an issue where boost visual effects could appear while operating a vehicle near a Zipline.
- Players can now properly progress through and complete the Week 4 “Use an X-4 Stormwing plane in different matches” Challenge.
- Screens no longer shake uncontrollably after walking on icy surfaces.
- Players will no longer lose the ability to turn the X-4 Stormwing after hitting terrain/structures.
- The Guided Missile has been removed from Playgrounds.
- New Tournament Added: Architect Pop-Up Cup (Solo, Duo, and Squads)
- Settings from previous Pop-Up Cup tournaments still apply to this tournament.
- Within this mode, player built structures can now be edited by any player, regardless of team status.
- Tournaments may now feature leaderboards for each event session, highlighting top performers.
- Participating in tournaments now requires a minimum account level of 10.
Performance Bug Fixes
Smoothed out drops in framerate that could happen with large changes in view direction and rendered character counts.
Audio Bug Fixes
- Added a fuse sound to the Grenade.
- Fixed emote music overlapping with lobby music depending on the way volume sliders were configured.
User Interface Changes
- Show total party eliminations on the HUD if your team wins.
- Added additional models to the “Cycle Models” list when viewing Wraps in the Battle Pass or Item Shop.
- The party colors have been restored to Blue, Red, Purple, and Yellow. To distinguish players in LTMs like Food Fight.
- There are new icons for non-squad teammates and the opponent icons on the minimap.
- Rotating the camera on the Battle Bus no longer has an oscillating/swimming effect on the minimap.
- Fixed an issue in the Net Debug UI that would cause it to show a ping value that was too high.
User Interface Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue where weapons were not equipping when double-clicking in the inventory after swapping their quickbar slots.
- Fix an issue where teammates scores would not be displayed.
- Fixed incorrect elimination count information occurring in large team modes.
- Fixed player sorting order in the player reporting UI.
- Fixed an issue where some of the leaderboard UI could sometimes blink repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Spectator’ button in the Player Reporting menu would only select the first player you spectated.
- Fixed an issue where the playlist selection screen could sometimes show an incorrect selection after leaving a party.
- Fixed a display issue with the item pick-up prompt that would sometimes occur after opening an ammo box.
- Fix lobby preview lengths of Pumpernickel, Running Man, Dance Therapy, and Hot Marat emotes.