If you love playing Fortnite, then we have some great news to share with you today! Epic Games has listed the official patch notes for the new v8.30 update which introduces lots of new features and game changing tweaks. Not just that, but the update also comes with a limited time mode called “Fly Explosives” which is really fun to play. With that being said, let’s take a closer look at the patch notes for the update so that all Fortnite players can get an idea of what’s coming their way.
Fortnite v8.30 Update
- Limited Time Mode: Fly Explosives
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM with the Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only explosive weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks. (Jetpacks are only available in this mode in Battle Royale.)
- Reduced storm wait times.
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
Weapons and Items
- Reboot Vans have now been added to the map at all major POIs.
- When squad members are eliminated they now drop their Reboot Card, which can be collected by other squad members.
- Reboot Vans / Cards are disabled in Solos, Big Team Limited Time Modes, and any modes with respawns enabled.
- Reboot Cards remain in the world for 90s after they’ve been dropped.
- Pickup Interaction time: 0.5 seconds.
- Bringing Reboot Cards to Reboot Vans will bring each squad member whose card has been collected back into battle.
- Collected Reboot Cards can be turned in by any squad member regardless of which member picked up the Card.
- Interaction time: 10 seconds.
- A Reboot Van goes on cooldown and cannot be activated again for 120 seconds after it’s used.
- Rebooted squad members return with: 100 Health, 1 Common Pistol, 36 Light Ammo and 100 Wood.
- Infantry Rifle Damage decreased from 40/42 to 38/40. Fall-off damage at maximum range increased from 26/28 to 32/34.
- Poison Dart Trap damage ticks will no longer cause the camera to shake repeatedly.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented weapon fire from queuing for shotguns after switching weapons without re-pressing the fire key.
- Fixed an issue where if a Clinger is attached to a player and they entered a Baller that it wouldn’t deal damage.
- Fixed sniper rifles playing fire animations twice per shot from the point of view of other players.
- Fixed grenade projectile trajectories lagging behind slightly when moving and rotating.
- Fixed Traps not activating if a player blocks line of sight with a structure but then the structure is destroyed.
- Fixed Balloon sound effects occasionally playing when entering a vehicle without Balloons active.
- Fixed an issue with single shot weapons not reloading properly while in targeting mode.
- Fixed Peppers not granting movement speed while walking.
- Fixed Minigun Rev Up/Down sound effects persisting after boosting on a Driftboard.
- Fixed an issue with Ziplines after using a Launch Pad that could cause the player to jump higher.
- Fixed an issue with players getting knocked backward when firing the Pirate Cannon upwards.
- Fixed Pirate Cannons getting stuck in an indefinite horizontal rotation.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Bow not showing up with the Visualize Sound Effects option.
- Fixed an issue with vehicles shot by Boom Bow not playing hit notification sound effects.
- Fixed an issue with the Boom Bow having longer than expected projectile trail effects.
- Fixed an issue with Boom Bow projectile effects occasionally flying through enemies.
- Fixed a spelling error in the elimination feed with Boom Bow.
- Buccaneer’s Bounty Event
- A different Limited Time Mode rotates in every day from April 10 – April 15.
- Drop in and Complete free Challenges to earn in-game rewards.
- Increased the spawn rate of Treasure Maps for the duration of this event:
- Floor Loot: Increased availability from .25% to .5%
- Chests: Increased availability from 1.55% to 3.05%
- All aspect ratios will have the same vertical FOV on Mac and PC. In the near future, ultrawide monitors will be limited to 16:9 in competitive game modes.
- Added separate controller sensitivities for building and editing structures.
- The Glider Redeploy item is now sorted to the right along with other consumables when “Auto sort consumables to the right” is enabled.
- Added ability to cycle hotbar items while gliding.
- Hit markers are now server authoritative. We’ve heard the feedback that hit markers are sometimes seen for shots but don’t apply damage, so we’re going to delay showing them until the server has confirmed the hit.
- Fixed sniper damage not causing damaged players to play a reaction animation.
- Adjusted how Storm damage is applied so that players entering the Storm will have a set amount of time before damage is applied. The initial instance of damage will start 1 second after entering the Storm.
- New Tournament – April 13 & 14: Fortnite World Cup Online Open Week 1 ($1,000,000 total prize pool!)
- Top performers in each server region will qualify to the Fortnite World Cup Finals in New York City. Full Fortnite World Cup details and official rules can be found here: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/competitive/events/world-cup
- Solo Game Mode
- Participation in this event requires players to have reached Champion League in Arena.
- Region Lock is in effect – players may only participate in the qualifier for a single server region each week of the Online Opens. The server region of the first match entered for that weekend’s tournament will be the one the player will be locked into for that entire weekend.
- Format: April 13 – Round One: All Eligible Players. April 14 – Round Two: Top 3000 Players from Round One.
- Tournament rewards can now be viewed directly in each tournament session.
- Server Replays are now available in leaderboards for PC Players – Players can now view the active server replays of top leaderboard performers. This will be expanded to all platforms in the near future!
- Improved clarity of which regions tournament is currently being viewed.