Despite Facebook’s best efforts to completely take over the social media industry, Snapchat is still standing strong. This is thanks to the fact that Snapchat’s developers are always coming up with innovative ideas that are taking the app’s performances and user experience to the next level. This is why you will often see Instagram directly “borrowing” features from Snapchat in order to keep up.
While the camera filters might be nice, what truly makes Snapchat stand out is the software stability that it offers. The app never crashes or lags and the reason behind this is Snapchat’s developers are constantly updating the app with software improvements and bug fixes. In fact, a brand-new update has just arrived and today we are going to present everything there is to know about it.
Snapchat 10.70.0.0 Update
If you enjoy using Snapchat to send funny pictures or videos to your friends and family members, then you should make sure to keep your smartphone connected to a stable Wi-Fi network throughout the day so that you can be among the first ones to receive access to the latest 10.70.0.0 update.
The new update for Snapchat is rolling out via OTA (over the air) but it can also be manually downloaded in the form of APK. For the uninitiated, APK stands for “Android Package Kit” and this type of update can only be installed on smartphones that have the “Unknown Sources” option enabled.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
As previously mentioned, Snapchat never lags or randomly crashes. This why it should come as no surprise that the new 10.70.0.0 update introduces a handful of bug fixes and improvements that have been specially designed to take the software stability of the app to the next level.
We also want to mention that the new update for Snapchat comes with a bundle of “under the hood tweaks”. These tweaks are important and despite Snapchat fans not being able to see them as they would with a new feature, they are certainly going to feel them because the app is going to run much smoother than usual.
Now that we have presented the latest update for Snapchat which is rolling out right now, let’s go ahead and take a closer look at the best features that the app has to offer.
• Snapchat opens right to the camera. Tap to take a photo, or press and hold for video.
• Add a Lens or Filter to your photo — new ones are added every day! Change the way you look, dance with your 3D Bitmoji, and discover games you can play with your face.
• Create your own Filters to add to photos and videos — or try out Lenses made by our community!
• Stay in touch and Chat with friends with live messaging, or share your day with Group Stories.
• Video Chat with up to 16 friends at once. You can even use Filters and Lenses!
• Express yourself with Friendmojis — exclusive Bitmojis made just for you and a friend.
• Follow friends and watch their Stories to see their day unfold.
• Keep up to date with exclusive Stories from top publishers and creators.
• Watch breaking news, original Shows, and community Stories — made just for your phone.
SNAP MAP 🗺
• See where your friends are hanging out, if they’ve shared their location with you.
• Share your location with your best friends, or go off the grid with Ghost Mode.
• Discover live Stories from the community nearby, or across the world!
• Look back on Snaps you’ve saved with free cloud storage.
• Edit and send old moments to friends, or save them to your Camera Roll.
• Create Stories from your favorite memories to share with friends and family.