Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the most popular game available on Nintendo Switch and therefore, it shouldn’t come as a shock to anyone that Nintendo is looking to update the game with new content at every chance it gets. The reason why Nintendo is putting so much attention into this game is because it represents the Nintendo Switch gold standard and thus, the game needs to be fun. Nonetheless, a new update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has arrived and today we are going to present the patch notes.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Version 3.0.0
- Stage Builder added to Games & More. You can now draw your own custom stages by hand.
- Note: Camera controls are not available when converting a replay that contains a custom stage into a video.
- Edit Video feature added to Vault → Replays. You can now create new movies using several videos made from replays.
- Note: Only videos from Ver. 3.0.0 or later can be used as source material. There are planned expansions to the Edit Video feature in future updates.
- DLC Spirits option added to the Spirits menu. (Note: DLC spirits can only be used if you have purchased the corresponding downloadable content.)
The following spirits will appear in the Vault Shop:
- Ryuji Sakamoto;
- Ann Takamaki;
- Yusuke Kitagawa;
- Makoto Niijima;
- Futaba Sakura;
- Haru Okumura;
- Goro Akechi;
- Caroline & Justine;
- Phantom Thieves of Hearts.
- You can now share replays, videos, Mii Fighters and custom stages with people around the world in Shared Content. (Note: You can only post replays and videos created with Ver. 3.0.0 and on).
- You cannot post replays of online/local wireless battles on custom stages, or videos that include custom stages.
- You can now sync your game with Smash World, a service accessible via the Nintendo Switch Online smart device app. Available features include viewing some of the things posted to Shared Content, and creating spirit teams from the spirits you have collected. (Note: The Smash World service is planned to begin after the distribution of Ver. 3.0.0. If you still don’t see Smash World in your list of services, please try again later).
- It is now easier to be matched with players who have a similar Global Smash Power in Quickplay. Further improvements and adjustments to matchmaking are planned.
The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Joker Challenger Pack.
- Persona 3 Protagonist Wig + Outfit.
- Persona 4 Protagonist Wig + Outfit.
- Teddie Hat.
- Morgana Hat.
- Tails Hat + Outfit.
- Knuckles Hat + Outfit.
- Game-balance adjustments have been made.
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Several issues have been fixed to improve gameplay experience.
The new update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate comes with lots of major changes that are going to make the game so much more fun to play. We think it’s safe to say that all Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fans should make sure to connect their Nintendo Switch to the internet and download the new update as soon as it pops up in the notifications panel.
Before we sign off, we also want to mention that the update is bringing lots of changes to fighter moves in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate such as the fact that perfect shields will no longer activate multiple times when the shield button is released once. Nonetheless, there are many other changes and we encourage fans to start playing the game and discover them.